Contact: Laurie Cybulski – Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: 9801 Renner Blvd., Lenexa, Kansas 66219
GBA is an architectural, engineering and surveying firm seeking an experienced survey technician to help produce various land survey deliverables utilizing CAD software. GBA is a full service firm and our survey group works with all of our different departments. The type of surveys we produce range from DOT and Municipality corridor design base maps, topography for storm and sanitary design, energy corridor surveys, easement surveys for all types of design projects, boundary, ALTA/NSPS Surveys and UAV surveys so there is always a constant change and learning experience from project to project. At GBA we pride ourselves on having a comfortable family like atmosphere to work in. GBA is an established firm with a diverse workforce and is currently expanding into new geographical areas and technological fields.
- Manage the detailed drafting of AutoCAD drawings and preparation of land survey documents
- Utilize AutoCAD Civil 3D on engineering design, topographic, boundary, ALTA/NSPS, and easement surveys
- Work closely with survey crew members and office staff to draft survey data
- Work with group managers to meet schedule deadlines
- Existing surface creation in AutoCAD to depict an accurate representation of field conditions
- Interpret record documents and accurately represent them in an AutoCAD environment
- Effectively communicate with internal staff to gather all information needed for the drafting of survey related data
- At least 2 years of AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Civil3D survey drafting experience
- Licensed Surveyor in Training (L.S.I.T) Certificate is a plus
- Experience in drafting of topographic surveys for design
- Experience in drafting of exhibits and the preparation of legal descriptions
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Microstation and Geopak proficiency is a plus
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to collaborate well with other team members
- Field experience a plus
- Ability to work with Point Cloud data is a plus
It’s More Than Just A Job…
At GBA, we are not your average engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We’ve created an environment where we celebrate our team’s eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you’ll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.
To be considered an applicant, you must go to the Careers section of our website at https://gbateam.com/job-openings/ to submit an application and resume.
GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GBA promotes diversity in our workforce by including all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law.