Contact: Laurie Cybulski – Talent Acquisition Manager
Location: 9801 Renner Blvd., Lenexa, Kansas 66219
Survey Crew Chief – Lenexa, KS
GBA has an immediate opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our team. The crew chief will report to the Survey Manager and is responsible for the successful completion of field work assignments and project goals. Hours are generally consistent but may vary based on workloads and project needs. GBA performs work all over the Kansas City Metro Area but there are periodic opportunities to travel to areas throughout Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. Travel is generally less than 20% of the time.
The successful candidate will be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight. Professional and courteous interaction with clients will be a key component of the job. We are looking for a candidate with prior survey experience and who can embrace emerging technologies. Candidates must be “team minded” with the ability to take direction from others and adapt to our standards and procedures. Candidates must be comfortable working outdoors for long periods of time and be able to physically perform essential functions of the job.
- Lead field crew in land surveying practices and procedures
- Assist crew members with computations and data collection using field equipment
- Communicate with on-site supervisors or clients
- Work with land development plans and construction stakeout computations
- Download/upload survey field crew electronic data, notes, photos, etc.
- Perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight
- Interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner
- High school diploma or GED required; Technical School, Associate Degree or Bachelors’ Degree a plus
- At least 3 years of combined field and office experience in a land surveying office
- LSIT/SI or PLS registration a plus
- Experience working with Robotic Total Stations & GPS
- Experience working with LiDAR units is a plus
- Knowledgeable in performing surveying computations; courses in mathematics and surveying are helpful.
- Familiar with field procedures for performing DOT, boundary, topographic and ALTA/NSPS land title surveys
- Ability to travel 20% of the time in the regional area
This position requires the successful completion of a physical, including a drug test and lift test, as well as a motor vehicle check in accordance with our company’s driving policy. Professional references will be required to complete the application process.
It’s More Than Just A Job…
At GBA, we are not your average engineering firm. We are about innovative people who want to solve problems. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We strive to create remarkable solutions for a higher quality of life. And we are changing the industry by integrating the design and construction process with use of new technology.
Our people are ambitious, passionate and committed to creating high quality, imaginative projects. We’ve created an environment where we celebrate our team’s eagerness to learn and grow. From birthdays and BBQs to protecting the environment and helping families in need, GBA employees celebrate and support one another and the communities where we live, work and play. Joining our team means you’ll have rewarding opportunities that challenge and inspire you.
To be considered an applicant, you must go to the Careers section of our website at https://gbateam.com/job-openings/ to submit an application and resume.
GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GBA promotes diversity in our workforce by including all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law.