FULL-TIME LAND SURVEYOR ASSISTANT
SMH has an opportunity for a Land Surveyor Assistant. The Land Surveyor Technician will work directly with the Survey Crew Chief in order to complete all types of land surveys and engineering design surveys.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with the Crew Chief in order to complete all types of land survey functions.
- Operate GPS equipment, robotic total stations, drones, pipeline locators, and automatic levels.
- Load and unload survey equipment and supplies in preparation for daily work.
- Assist Survey Crew Chief in construction staking, engineering design surveys, utilities, boundary surveys, drone flights, KDHE well sites, and more.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality.
- May be asked general questions by the public concerning surveying activities.
- Loads survey truck daily with survey supplies, safety devices, chainsaws, pipe line locators, etc.
Qualification and Skills:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
- Possess or has the ability to quickly learn new concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions relating to practical situations. (Training provided)
- Work environment is outdoors and possibly working in extreme heat and cold; working near moving heavy equipment, along and near streams and rivers, around fumes or airborne particle, toxic or caustic waste, risk electrical shock/explosives/radiation and vibration.
- Occasionally working in rain, snow, or fog; loud noise when working around heavy earth moving equipment.
- Ability to work 10+ hours a day and weekends if needed.
- Able and willing to work on out of town projects.
Compensation will be determined based upon qualifications and experience. Benefits include a 401K retirement plan, paid full time off, and a health care plan. SMH Consultants, P.A. is an equal opportunity employer. All employees are hired at-will and subject to a 60-day primary evaluation period.
If interested, please send resume to: