Company Name: BHC
Contact: Laura Bonar
Location of Job: Kansas City, KS
Job Title: Project Surveyor
The Project Surveyor is primarily responsible for managing land survey projects and serving as technical lead on multi-disciplinary projects. The work is done in local field locations and in the office. There will also be short–term travel field assignments outside of the KC area a few times per year.
Who We Are
Our everyday work impacts how people do everyday living, through improved connectivity, transportation, safety, and community development. As a service business, we are all about our people. Our shared values and objectives focus on integrity and professionalism. We embrace teamwork, process management, and collaboration and are growth-oriented because we believe growth creates opportunities. As each person continues to learn and grow professionally, we advance as an organization.
What We Do
Our Surveying team brings extensive knowledge and experience to each project. Our team of dedicated professionals utilize the latest technologies to ensure accurate data collection and project success across the United States.
How You Can Grow With Us
Opportunities for growth are endless based on your desire to learn. We are excited to share details of your career path options with you during your employment. Positions such as Sr. Project Surveyor, Project Manager, and Group Director may be in your future.
- Participates in proposal preparation including developing project scope and fees, preparing project budgets and schedules, and coordinating staffing needs for field crews and office staff to deliver projects on time and within the scope
- Performs in-depth research of various records pertaining to current survey projects; refers to parcel maps and other related materials
- Manages and monitors projects, including schedules and project-level financials
- Represents survey group on multiple project teams
- Supervises analysis of data reduction, computation, and mappings
- Completes advanced analysis of survey data including survey computations and data collection, computer-aided design, and drafting
- Provides representation and presentations at local and state regulatory hearings
- Performs fieldwork associated with land surveying, engineering, and construction projects
- Maintains accurate, orderly, and legible field notes of survey work performed including lines, angles, distances, benchmarks, and mathematical calculations
- Operates a computer and peripheral equipment including, a plotter to compile survey notes, and create drawings
- Communicates with the client regularly in planning and to ensure satisfaction with work performed
- 8+ years related industry experience
- 5+ years project surveyor experience preferred
- Knowledge of advanced land surveying systems and techniques, technology, and analysis
- Ability to determine boundaries required
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Dedicated and hardworking
- Excellent attention to detail with emphasis placed on quality
- Strong commitment to the success of all
- Lead with integrity while producing high-quality work
- Valid driver’s license possessed and maintained
- AAS or BS in land surveying or related field preferred
- State licensure required - Kansas and Missouri. Additional states a plus.
How to Apply: Submit Resume direct to Contact or: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=67044&clientkey=C89884F4BC60C508992DE120CEF6B0AF
Phone, Email or Address of Contact Person